This will be my first blog and hopefully the first new year resolution that I keep. My project for 2010 is to take a photograph a day. The objective of this project is to improve my photography skills and to document the year - a day at a time.
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12 - Tea for One



My wonderful friend Laura had me over for some homemade stew tonight so when I got home I was able to get right into my photo for the day. I thought this would be an easy composition for a weeknight. I tried several versions with and without the container of tea in the setup. Since I took the shot from above, the container looked a bit awkward so I removed the container. Also, for the first time I used an off camera flash. After I saw the result I was very impressed with myself :) Unfortunately my wireless trigger stopped working and I ended up having to manually release the flash when I pressed the shutter release. The flash was positioned camera left about 2 feet from the teapot. I used the Canon 24-105mm f/4L lens set at f/22 so I could get the entire composition in focus. A remote shutter release also helped me avoid any camera shake and enabled me to manage the flash manually.

No comments:

Post a Comment