This will be my first blog and hopefully the first new year resolution that I keep. My project for 2010 is to take a photograph a day. The objective of this project is to improve my photography skills and to document the year - a day at a time.
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9 - White Flower






It was a gloomy day so I purchased this flower to photograph. I wasn't sure which I liked better so I am posting them both. The first is a close-up while the other reflects part of the vase onto a mirror. Set up my tripod with the with Canon 5dmii and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro. Used natural light for both shots and had trouble with the reflections in the vase (second shot). As a result I had to reposition for the second shot to avoid unwanted reflection in the vase.

BTW...I used a gradudated filter adjustment in LR to add a bit of darkness to the bottom of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment